Last night we made an offer on the house down the road. I hardly slept a wink last night. I'm both excited at the prospect of moving into such a great house with so much potential and worried about all the "things" that would need to get done -- packing, moving, house repairs, and of course the biggie is selling our current home. Last night I prayed that if our offer is accepted that the right buyer would come quickly for whom our house would be a blessing.
That said, it's anybody's guess whether our offer will be accepted. Another offer was supposed to be coming yesterday or today and we've seen at least 2 other families and their realtors parked in front of the house. Greg was smart and asked for a reply by Wednesday close of business. Originally, the realtor was going to ask for a reply by the end of the week but that just gives other potential bidders more time to make an offer that is bigger than ours.
I have to say, there's nobody in the world I'd rather co-sign on something like this with than my husband. At some point, I just had to let go of my fears and trust that my husband is neither dumb nor reckless. Heck, he didn't even really want to move anywhere -- he is pretty content where we are but even he is excited about this potential property. I'm glad I have somebody like him to go through this with.
So, I'll let you all know if we hear back. Could go either way.
No comments:
Post a Comment