
January 25-- Christopher is 6 Years Old
Can you believe that this is what my son looked like 6 years ago today? I am in amazement at what a difference 6 years can make Six years ago he couldn't hold his head up, eat solids, sit up, or communicate in any way except crying. And now there is almost nothing stopping him.
And it's not only him that has changed in the past 6 years. I can hardly believe that 6 years ago I was not a parent. I feel like I've been a parent forever. Everybody says it but it's true -- parenthood changes everything. For me, it has been for the better -- parenting has made me personally mature in ways that I'm grateful for. I'm much less selfish and self-absorbed than I was before. So I guess on this, Christopher's birthday, I celebrate not only my growing boy, but also my foray into parenthood.
No comments:
Post a Comment