Friday, July 13, 2007

I need to be working....I have two new projects brewing. One I have actually started working on, and want to have a good draft for the client who will return from leave early next week. I'd love to surprise him by showing how much work got accomplished in his absence. How better as a consultant to show your worth than for a client to realize that work goes on while they're sitting in the sun enjoying themself? Then there's the new project, which looks very interesting and requires a full day meeting next week as part of the planning crew. It will be helping organize data and words into a cohesive report for gaining funding for adolescent behavioral health inpatient units, run by the tribal health organizations. It has been a major initiative that they've worked on for years. I'll learn more about that one next week.
And yet, despite all the work that needs to get done, in my final few hours of VBS-induced quiet I am only sitting blogging about how I don't want to work. I'm tired out. Thankfully, Christopher's attitude has improved greatly with the new tough, disciplined mother taking no-crap. He thinks twice about the whine now to decide "is it worth it?" It's still lurking below, but seems much more manageable. Still, being no-nonsense tough all the time, working at 8:00 p.m. after the kids are in bed, and especially doing so after such a long spell of long work hours for Greg (which have slowed but not stopped) has tired me out. Is it too much to want to just sit on a sunny Alaska evening with a margarita, my husband, and some good friends while the kids are quiet someplace else? Guess I need to plan some fun.
Ok, now even though I don't feel like working, I had better do it.

No comments: