Thursday, July 19, 2007



Look at poor Cate, sacked out on the couch this afternoon. The girl has been feverish since the weekend, but things seemed to moving on the down trajectory in regards to the fever over the past few days....until last night. She had a 101 fever at 3:30 this morning, and despite the ibuprofen, was still feverish when she woke up this morning. That was followed by some intense vomiting after breakfast.


She had been in for a physical on Monday and the doctor knew about her fever then, but didn't note any ear, nose, or throat infections. She advised us to come back in a few days if things didn't seem better. That would be today.





I'm sure our pediatrician wishes she had picked a different specialty after seeing us today. Cate's fever was making her very stubborn and only wanted to be held by mommy. She certainly was not hip on the idea of opening her mouth for a thermometer or letting the doctor check ears, nose, and throat again. Finally, we got that swab in her mouth, only to be followed by extreme vomit. My doctor's office is so great -- they provided both Cate and I with scrubs to wear home.





Long story short -- still no sign of any infection so the pediatrician is currently calling it a virus and has given us instructions on rehydration and fever control. We hope to NOT need to return to her office if the fever hasn't subsided in a few more days. Am I wrong for feeling so guilty about being gone at meetings yesterday? I'm just counting my lucky stars that no vomiting occurred on Lisa's watch or the new babysitter's watch. I'm guessing that girl's babysitting days would be over if this had happened yesterday....

No comments: