Monday, July 02, 2007

Quick Update --
I'll get photos again soon. I'm having issues with uploading photos at the moment.
  • Christopher has lost another tooth! He's now completely toothless on top and we've taught him the words to "All I Want For Christmas Are My Two Front Teeth." It's soooo cute to listen to how he talks. Today's comment, "geez mom, it thure ith hard to talk without those theeth." What a grin...wish I could get a photo posted. With every tooth, he's left a note for the tooth fairy asking for progressively more money. This time, he asked for $3. The tooth fairy left $2.
  • Cate continues to be Cate...just growing and learning and enjoying having her brother home during the summer. They're quite a pair and I'm grateful that they get along as well as they do. What a girl, though...picking out her clothes with such precision and telling me when she doesn't like my hair or my outfit. She's becoming such a fashion plate -- which isn't good since I'm so definately not.
  • The kids and I were at the Soup Kitchen again today. We've graduated to getting permanent nametags! We've made it at the soup kitchen now! Christopher just really gets into it now -- he knows the ropes and asks questions about clients that aren't there that he's seen in the past and hopes that they are ok. Cool stuff. And even amidst the $231 million on budget cuts that the Governor vetoed this weekend, the Soup Kitchen still got their $1.5 million in state funding towards a renovation. I'll be helping out at some point with grantwriting to help finish up the $800k they still need. I think it should be an easy sell -- I mean, who can turn down a group whose sole mission is to literally feed the hungry? Who is against that and wouldn't want to fund it -- it's not exactly controversial?
  • Tomorrow, we're hoping to get in a picnic with Greg at lunch time at the library. We need to make a library run and hope to get in the picnic as a birthday treat for me. Polly has offered to babysit tomorrow night so we can get out for dinner. Now, where to go? I was hoping Double Musky, but that might be tough since Polly doesn't get off of work til later...it's quite a drive out to Girdwood and they don't take reservations so getting there early is pretty important. Maybe we'll try "Southside Bistro" or the new restaurant "Ginger." Then again, I always love Orso....
  • My family sent me quite a bit of money for birthday gifts (thanks mom and grandma!). Hardly know what to do with myself -- I never go shopping for myself! I'm thinking I'll try to get a pedicure and some new strappy sandals to show it off. I'll work on it!

No comments: