Thursday, November 08, 2007

More conspiracy...Christopher has strep throat for the third time since May, and his second outbreak in the last 2 weeks. Argh! He just finished up antibiotics last weekend. He woke up with a very sore throat and slight fever complaining that he was awakened in the night by painful swallowing and had trouble falling back asleep. The doctor is doing the lengthy culture (not the rapid) so we don't have a firm diagnosis, but you could see the white puss and blood on the culture tip when she took it, so it would be surprising if it came back negative. In the meantime, he's back on a different antibiotic.

Are any of my physician friends reading this? Mita? Neveen? Tell me what you think...is this normal? Do share. Or other moms who have dealt with this?

1 comment:

Jed said...

Okay, so I'm not experienced as a mom but when I was teaching in TN there was an antibiotic resistant strep going around. It's good that it is showing up in Toph again, in my opinion, because it can get serious when it turns into... Scarlett fever I think? That might not be the right one, but I do know a teacher and a couple of kids went that route.