Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I'm getting more and more back to "normal" after surgery. I think if I can get this blasted drain out I'll feel a million times better. I thought I'd get it out today for sure but yesterday was more than the amount I'm supposed to get, so that may throw a monkey wrench in my plans. We'll see. This afternoon is a big day of surgeon visit followed by my first meeting with the oncologist. I should have a better idea of my treatment regimen this afternoon.

Yesterday I had my first solo outing with the kids (to Christopher's allergy appointment -- yippee???) and I also got out of the house to watch Cate's first ballet class. I just couldn't bring myself to miss it. I was fairly exhausted upon returning home but it was worth it. You can't believe any cuter sight than 6 little 5-year old girls in their pink leotards and tights doing twirls and skips and leaps across the dance floor. I was tickled beyond what I would have imagined. We didn't do dance as kids so I don't hold the activity dear to my heart. But watching Cate do her activity, that she has been so consistent in her desire to do, was just wonderful. She enjoyed it immensely and the teacher pointed her out for several great things she was doing (including having great extensions in her arms -- from reading her book). She also maintained great focus on the teacher and really tried to do things correctly. Some of the girls would try to be the first across the floor with their side skips or whatever little skill they were working on -- Cate didn't try to be first, she really concentrated on doing the ballet move correctly, even if it meant she went more slowly. What a great personality trait in my girl to have the patience and desire to learn something the right way. The thing that cracked me up the most was when she returned home and told us that ballet class had "done it wrong" by not doing the right warm-up exercises....they deviated from the ones outlined in her ballet book. That girl is cracking me up.

Ok...pray for good appointments with the docs this afternoon.

1 comment:

jaime said...

Praying for good appointments! I'll have to call for an update!!