
My kids bring me so much joy. Today Christopher put my breast cancer all in perspective. Here's the exchange:
Christopher: Mom, what is worse? Breast cancer or being thrown into the pit of the sarlacc?
Mom: The pit of what?
Christopher: The pit of the sarlacc...you know.....from "Return of the Jedi?"
Mom: No, actually I don't know the pit of Sarlacc from "Return of the Jedi" -- it's not ringing any bells.
Apparently, C-3PO translates for Jabba the Hut this morsel of info about the sarlacc creature (according to wikipedia -- yes, I had to look it up): "In his (the sarlacc's) belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested for over 1,000 years."
Christopher: So, see...being thrown into the pit of the sarlacc would have to be worse than breast cancer, don't you think?
That's one way to keep the glass half full rather than half empty.
1 comment:
Tell Christopher that I got the Sarlaac pit reference right off the bat. And I could have quoted 3PO's description from memory.
Post a Comment