Wednesday, June 24, 2009


The kids have been at Vacation Bible School (aka "Kids Fun Week") this week every morning. It's been such a blessing. The kids ALWAYS love it -- they still sing the songs from last year (they're on my ipod which makes easy access for the kids), they learn a ton, have a great time, and have a lot of really amazing teenage role models to look up to. That's one of my favorite things -- seeing Christopher looking up to these 16 year old boys who are helping lead the skits and songs. Those are the kinds of teenage boys I want him looking up to and he doesn't really have a lot of access to teenage boys otherwise.


I've been able to use that time to have some peace and quiet and rest. Today I went back to sleep after getting the kids out. It's a treasure to have quiet time at any time -- much less given the excitement of the past month. I'll use the time on Friday morning to shop with girlfriends for a pretty hat or scarf so I'm ready when/if the hair falls out. I think it's wise to have something around so I'm prepared in the eventuality.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I always loved Bible school during the summers...I'm pretty sure there's videos of me singing the songs we learned!

I am so glad to hear that things are going well so far...am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and wishing all of the best!