Tuesday, June 19, 2007


Ahhhh...spent the day doing traditional summer things. Honestly, it's one of the first days spent letting the kids run amok outside while I vegged on a camping chair chatting with a friend and letting the kids eat their fill of Otter Pops. I'm sure it's easy to imagine this is what a stay-at-home mom does all the time, but truly, these types of lazy days have been a rarity. Catching up with Lisa while procrastinating on laundry, cleaning the house, and mowing the lawn was pretty awesome.


The kids also attended clubs today at Trinity Presbyterian. These are once a week clubs to supplement the one-week VBS they'll attend in July. Cate, especially was thrilled to finally be old enough to go. This a.m., when I told her what she'd be doing this morning, she immediately stopped eating breakfast to go upstairs and get dressed and then came back down to announce she was ready to go. I hated to inform her that she had 3 more hours until the club started.


Here, Cate is reading a book to Polly, her dollie. "Polly doesn't know how to read yet, so I'll read to her" Cate explained. Here, she's reading a "Little People" flip book, which has been amazingly popular for my two kids, especially at this age....it can keep Cate busy for a good hour on a couch.

No comments: