Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We've been having too much fun and too much busy-ness since mom arrived on Sunday for a posting. My weekend of relaxation and focused work was absolutely fantastic -- and disappeared very quickly come Sunday night. Within a few hours, I had picked up my mom at the airport, finished cooking (and eating dinner), welcomed home Cate and Greg, helped clean out the camper (what a mess from all the rain and subsequent mud), started laundry, and then let Greg go pick up Christopher from Grandma Polly. We then got Cate to bed in time to get Christopher a shower and to bed...wow -- yes, the mommy vacation was officially over.

Monday morning we had a house full of kids -- Abigail, Kaes, Josh, "Bug" as well as my two. It seems feast or famine around here. Either there's "nobody to play with" (a comment lament from Christopher) or else everybody shows up at once. We're finding this happens a lot with the new neighbor kids. Christopher might invite them over at 9:00 a.m. and they'll show up at 11:00. All this was followed by a trip to the zoo to meet Ellianna, Evan, and Elijah the cousins. The kids (and my mother and I) slept HARD after all that!

Today we registered Christopher for school. We found out his teacher will be Leigh. I don't know Leigh much...she was one of 2 teachers that I had hoped he'd get, although I was maybe leaning towards hoping for Kass just based on parents with older siblings I had talked to. That said, I've heard many good things about Leigh.

More important than the teacher-- the class list! I was a little disappointed with that to be honest, but maybe I shouldn't be. I was looking mostly at the other boys on the list because he's at a point where having good boy buddies seems to be an important thing for him. There's only 1 other boy from last year's class assigned to Leigh. It's a very nice boy with some disabilities (mental and physical). I think they may have put Christopher with him because Christopher was very kind with him, even though the boy wasn't really part of the main posse of boys from the class. That was a group of 5 boys from his class that hung out all the time. Of those boys, 3 of them are in one class (with teacher Kass), and then Christopher is alone in Leigh's class, and another boy is alone in teacher Sharon's class. It would have been nice to have them spread out a bit more with at least one of those good boy buddies with him in his new class.

His new class is a Grade 1-2 combo class so Christopher knows some of his new classmates who are older boys , as well as some of the boys from the other kindergarten class that I don't know. I guess I just have to trust that there will be new boys that Christopher will be able to bond with. There were some "clique" problems last year with the posse of boys that I had been praying about a lot for this coming year, so maybe this is God's answer -- giving Christopher a whole new set of boys to meet, as well as a very nice boy he knows who might need some extra kindness. It's just hard to tell with so many unfamiliar names.

Okay...gotta get to work. Starting client work at 8:30 is no fun, but I better get started. And I'll try to take some photos tomorrow.

No comments: