Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sometimes my kids come up with the wackiest ideas. Christopher's latest -- he thinks our family should adopt a teenage girl. He has brought the idea up several times and I think he's dead serious.
When I asked why he wanted to adopt a teenage sister, he told me that having a teenage sister around would be fun and cool because they would have a car and could drive them to the movie theatre or to the ice cream parlor whenever they want. And they could play Monopoly with him all the time. (We had a rousing game of Monopoly this weekend and I think he wishes that mom and dad had more time to play everyday -- but you know Monopoly -- it's a full day commitment).
I think when it comes down to it, he really wants us to adopt his favorite babysitter Kylee. He comes up with these ideas after spending time with her at church. Unfortunately, I don't think Kylee is up for adoption! Still, the fact that he thinks adding a teenage sister to our family would be a great idea makes me smile and laugh.

No comments: