Today is the first day back to school after winter break. I thought I'd be dying to get Christopher back into the schedule, but we had a surprisingly restful and enjoyable break together. The kids played together like the best of friends (most of the time) and because dad was home for a lot of it (helping the kids while I recovered) it really did feel like a vacation with a lot of good family together time. And we slept in terribly late just about every day, which is wonderful now that we're back into the swing of early mornings up and out the door to get Christopher downtown by 8:10 a.m.
That said, Christopher appeared excited this morning to get off and see his friends and get back to work. And I have to admit that I'm excited to have some time alone with Cate. When Christopher is home, I can't compete for her attention -- she has all eyes for her brother. I'm looking forward to some one-on-one cuddle time, finding books that just she likes (not having to compete with the older books her brother enjoys) and just spending time with her. This morning, she made herself comfy in my bed while she read a book to her new Groovy Girl doll, Princess Serafina.
No comments:
Post a Comment