This is my first full week back into the swing of things after surgery, and it's a doozy. Last week I was still taking it easy, not doing full activity level, avoiding exercise and lifting heavy items. We spent the weekend continuing with the resting, but with doing fun family things -- out to family dinner on Saturday night, to the Bear Tooth theatre Sunday for a kids' matinee followed by Cold Stone ice cream. Now I'm back into the swing of things fully, and what a week it is!
- Hosting: I'm hosting three major events at the house this week -- book club on Tuesday (I'm making a Baked Potato Soup that was on the Top 20 recipes from Cooking Light over the past 20 years list that recently came out, plus a lemon-lime cake from the same list). Friday is bible study -- haven't figured out what I'll cook yet, but we generally have about 12-15 people for dinner with me making the main course. Saturday is International Food Night, with 6 friends coming to the house for "Monaco Night."
- Birthday Parties: The kids have two birthday parties this week -- back to back parties on Saturday. I'll need to get out to buy gifts and make barley-free, egg-free, dairy-free cupcakes.
- Work: I've got a half day meeting on Wednesday. I need to get two kids situated early and in to ANMC by 8:15. My friend Melanie is watching Cate for me, and I'm watching her son Noah on Tuesday while she goes to serve meals to the homeless at Bean's Cafe.
- Play Dates: We have a few play dates set up for this week -- one friend coming here on Wednesday after school, Christopher going to another friend's house on Friday.
- Carpool: It's back into the driving grind. Last week was the first week back to school after the winter break, and our carpool buddy was kind enough to do all the driving so I could continue to heal from surgery. Very spoiled! Now it's back into the grind and routine of the daily drive.
- Doctor Appointment -- I see the surgeon this Thurs for my follow up from surgery and get the final ok that things are healing well, although I am pretty sure there will be a good report. I'm feeling so much more myself these days.
And somewhere in there I do plan to try to get back into an exercise schedule and try to get back onto the elliptical after taking time off for the holidays and surgery. The combination of the two has made me feel the need to get back into shape.
No comments:
Post a Comment