
Don't make fun of me -- while I was down in Southern California, Greg arranged for a special birthday surprise -- tickets for my sister and I to go to San Diego for the American Idol concert. I admit it -- AI is my guilty pleasure. Everybody has one, right? I know it has no lasting value, doesn't improve my mind or heart -- but for some strange reason I greatly enjoy it. I love seeing people's lives change as they experience their "shot" at living their dreams. The concert was a fun extension of that. We watched as some of the cast used the concert to their greatest benefit to try to parlay their 15 minutes of fame into a few more. Several wowed me. And it was great to spend time with my sister. All in all, a very fun way to spend a birthday evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment