Thursday, March 05, 2009

Whew! Busy week! On the agenda of "extra" stuff for the week:
  1. Sick kid -- Cate continues to snot and cough. We've tried to take it as easy as possible around home. Some days that has worked and other days not so much. Luckily, she is a bit of a home-body so she doesn't mind being stuck around the house. Christopher gets crabby about it after a while, but Cate has remained a happy camper between the coughs.
  2. RCCA meeting and RCP meeting -- Last Spring I happily declared that I had freed myself from preschool boards after 3 years of serving. It was time for somebody else to step up. Ha! I decided to join the RCCA board, which controls the money to help see the remodel through. RCCA has become a time and energy hog and not one that is very enjoyable. I joined the RCP board in January after the Vice-Chair became open and it needed to get filled. Then the Chair had to go back to get a job and has missed some meetings (meaning the Vice-Chair needs to step up to lead the meetings). This isn't what I had hoped for last spring. But, I'm hunkered down to do a lot of work (write a grant! research becoming eligible for bingo proceeds! help with a silent auction/spaghetti feed!) and see some things through to leave the preschool in good shape after my departure. Too bad my child will be graduated before any of those benefits come into play. I guess it shows my belief in the school that I am willing to do all this work. Still, I'll be glad when it's done.
  3. Helping out a friend with his 3 kids under the age of 5 one day. The kids did great -- just busy.

So, today is the last day of school before Spring Break. And I'm looking forward to playing with my kids and sleeping in, and driving less. Might even try to meet a friend for coffee sometime.

No comments: