
Yesterday was a pretty exciting day. I ended up helping out Greg's cousin with childcare for the day after her day care person left town for Spring Break. I agreed to help out for one day and helped her find a good teenaged babysitter for the other days.
We already had planned a day of making allergy-free doughnuts with Lisa and her kids. Kindly, they were willing to come make doughnuts at our house and put up with the extra chaos that comes from doubling the number of kids in the house. The kids enjoyed learning how to make the doughnuts, fry them up, and roll them in sugar/cinnamon. And of course, eating them was the best part of all. Here is a sweet (and quite telling picture) of Christopher and Abi doing their favorite things while eating doughnuts -- Abi is reading a book and Christopher is talking. Yes, their favorite things! :-)
Lisa brought over a CD of favorite 70's era party music to act as the background to our doughnut making. My kids are now downstairs rocking out to "Y-M-C-A" and discovering it like it was the newest, freshest thing they've ever heard. Cate is dancing on the hearth of the fireplace, using it as a raised stage. I'm getting flashbacks to my sister and I doing the exact same thing as kids, only dancing about how "Grease is the word."
No comments:
Post a Comment