Monday, May 21, 2007

Don't know how Kindergarten teachers do it -- I was one of several chaperones today on a nature scavenger hunt at Valley of the Moon park, which is about a 10 minute walk away from the school, and I'm exhausted. I helped a group of 3 children locate approximately 12 -15 items, all various types of trees, flowers, plants, cones, seeds, etc. We then found a grassy, sunny spot to sit and listen to and watch various types of birds -- magpies, seagulls, robins, even an eagle. We watched them fight in the air, swoop down for a bug meal, and sing to each other. Cate went too, and it appears to have caused her to take her first nap in quite a while -- quiet time is awfully quiet this afternoon.

Off to try to meet a deadline for a work project. Data came in a week late, but my deadline didn't change. Gotta have it done by Friday.

1 comment:

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

IKWYM about teachers. Whew, it makes me tired just thinking about it. Good on ya to get your project going!