Tuesday, May 01, 2007


Little Miss Sunshine

Seriously, have you ever seen such a brightly colored little girl? Cate is the type of girl who insists on dressing herself. She's a tad bit on the independent side. Today she really wanted to wear a black skirt and pink ribbed turtleneck sweater because that's what I'm wearing -- dressed up for a client meeting this morning. She really wanted to be dressed like me. Glad to know that she apparently approves of my dress today.
But given the fact that she doesn't have a black skirt and pink ribbed sweater, she settled for second best -- a red ribbed shirt underneath a pink and turquoise dress and bright pink, flowered tights. You can see how proud she is of herself and her outfit. I won't lose her in a crowd today, for sure. There are some parents that insist that their children look perfectly groomed leaving the house -- the matching shoes and perfectly matched clothes. I guess I'm not one of those -- I value raising a girl who knows her own mind more than a girl who is a fashion plate.
I tried to get her to stand up and pose for this picture but she said "no, mom! I'm busy reading 'Goodnight Gorilla!'" Geez, what a silly mom to ask in the midst of such an important task!

No comments: