Monday, May 28, 2007

Well...we're mostly feeling better, after 3 nights in a row of 10 hours of sleep for me (man, that bug really zapped my energy) and the power of amoxicillin for Christopher. Truly, the boy spent all day Saturday on the couch unable to get up. Anybody who reads this blog will understand how unusual that is for my very active boy. He's doing much better now and zipping around like the energy-propelled boy we know and love.

Tonight Greg and I leave for 6 nights in Colorado -- a few nights in a plane (red eyes both ways), 1 night in Denver, and a few nights in Colorado Springs. I'm looking forward to a few fine meals in restaurants that don't serve hamburgers and frieds. I'm looking forward to sleeping in until my body is ready to get up. I'm looking forward to thinking "what do you want to do right now" and being able to do it, rather than think about the schedule for the kids. I'm looking forward to seeing the Broadmoor hotel -- when it first opened up at the turn of the century, the Rockefellers were the first guests. I'm sure that the pillows and bedding will be heavenly.

I'm grateful we're feeling better. I'm praying that the kids behave themselves for Aunt Brooke and Grandma and Papa. They'll stay with their cousins starting late this afternoon until Friday. Then Grandma and Papa will take over for the weekend. Christopher is really looking forward to spending time with Evan -- those two are almost more like brothers than cousins -- they understand each other in a way nobody else does. Genetics are a powerful thing. But truly -- Brooke being willing to watch her 3 very active kids plus my 2 very active kids? Can you nominate somebody for sainthood prior to their death? This could qualify as her miracle.

No comments: