Tuesday, May 08, 2007


Happy Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, and I must admit we do appreciate ours. Here is a photo of Cate and one of her teachers, Ms. Jessica. Ms. Jessica has taken to the new job at the preschool like an old pro. Last years' teachers retired after 15 years of co-teaching and over 20 years total of teaching-- which if you know anything about pre-schools, is unheard of. I think the average length of stay for a preschool teacher is 2 years. Not an easy assignment to pick up after those incredible teachers. Ms. Jessica has done quite well, though, as has Cate's other teacher Ms. Debbie. We are very appreciative of their had work.


At Christopher's school, some parents came up with several gift ideas, including a basket of favorite goodies. I think Jean's favorite gift, though, has been the "Gift of Jokes." Each day this week, 3 or 4 kids is prepped to tell Jean a joke. The kids gather around in a circle and the jokes are shared. Kids can either pick their own joke to prepare, or a parent has an age appropriate joke written down for them to read. I think Jean likes the jokes even better than the goodie basket.

No comments: