I picked up Christopher at school yesterday with the usual "how are you buddy?" Usually the answer is "awesome" or "great" or "fantastic." Yesterday I was told, "horrible!" Christopher went on to explain that he had a sore throat all day, and a horrible headache, and he couldn't even swallow his lunch and he felt really tired. I was surprised he didn't tell his teacher and/or the school nurse -- instead he just lived with it at school all day.
We stopped by the school nurse's office on the way out and confirmed a fever of 101.2, although no visible infection of the ears, nose, or throat. She advised us to take it easy and see how things went at home before taking him to the doctor. This morning, though, he had visible puss in this throat. A trip to the doctor confirmed strep -- his third bout with strep since October. We'll be heading to ENT shortly after the new year to find out why he is so susceptible (the nurse practitioner mentioned it could be the need to have tonsils removed). We'll see. In the meantime, he's bundled on the couch watching TV and we're under quarantine for the next 24 hours.
Guess that means that we CAN host our party tomorrow night, but there will be no school tomorrow, which means I'll have to skip my all-day client meeting. On the bright side, it'll make things infinitely easier to prepare for the party if I'm home. But I'll undoubtedly miss a lot of work by missing the all day work session.
1 comment:
How did the party go? Can't wait for a report.
Post a Comment