Sunday, December 02, 2007




Lisa inspired me to take some photos of the Christmas decorations we're getting up. It's terribly exciting to have them up in the new house -- finding the right spot for things in the new place. I love taking everything out of hte boxes and remembering the sentimental things about each item.




For instance the tree...Greg and I purchased this tree our first Christmas in Alaska. It was also our first Christmas as a married couple. I was so bummed that we couldn't get a "real" tree but Greg's allergies prevented it. Now, I guess, this tree has become part of our tradition as a couple. The tree is topped by a Christmas angel that Grandma Bennie bought us, and includes red and gold ribbons, gold painted pine cones, and gold leaves. Those ornaments were ones I made with Robin Dayley my first Christmas in Alaska. We were poor and needed something to trim the tree and Robin is terribly creative. She helped me make the decorations, and more importantly, provided me with such loving and caring through making them with me. It was my first winter in Alaska and I was tremendously lonely. Looking at the decorations each year reminds me of that caring and friendship.


We also have our stockings up over the fireplace. We use two of the stockings that were used in Greg's family growing up and two of the stockings used in my family growing up. I love how they show the blending of our two families and traditions.

1 comment:

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

I agree, sweet memories when the Christmas decorations come out. Great job.