Monday, December 31, 2007

Rant
I just need to rant for a few minutes. Since my surgery on Wednesday, my doctor's office has been open one day -- Thursday (day after surgery). They were closed on Friday (apparently, the are always on a 4 day work schedule) and also are taking New Year's Eve and New Year's Day off. Yes, for a full week after surgery that means I could get in touch with my doctor one day -- the day after surgery when I was so hopped up on pain medications I wouldn't know what to say anyways.
Now, I have no follow-up appointment scheduled and can't schedule it because nobody is there to do so. I continue to run a slight fever, with nobody to ask whether I should be concerned (since the on call doc just says to go to the ER if I'm concerned -- what a great choice). My pain is beginning to really die down -- first day without pain meds since Greg had to go to work for a few hours today and I didn't want to be mommy on narcotics but I'm doing better than I expected. Still, it would be really nice to talk to somebody in my doctor's office. If I had had a clue that my doctor would perform surgery and then be incognito for the next week I would have thought twice about the timing.
Ok, end of rant.

1 comment:

Jed said...

That sucks... makes me thankful for one aspect of the health care system here. I had a cell phone number for both my OB (came in handy when I had a uterine infection after she was born) and Keira's pediatrician. They even ANSWERED it- at night! I hope you feel better soon and don't have any complications.