Wednesday, January 07, 2009


Around Thanksgiving time, I decided to re-pierce my ears. I have had pierced ears since I was a junior high student, but I went many years without wearing earrings. When the kids were little, they would just pull on them and just getting clean clothes and a shower each day seemed like victory. In fact, I went so many years without earrings that one ear closed up.
Now that the kids are older and I am paying a bit more attention to my appearance, I decided to try earrings again. I just recently was able to take out the studs and play around with my old earrings. I started out by buying a new jewelery box. I had been keeping my jewelery in many smaller boxes and it just wasn't working for me. I have quite a few pairs left from previous years and am adding on with some new ones.
The funniest part of this is Cate. She LOVES having a mom who wears earrings. She will hardly let me have a day without a pair, and she wants to pick out which ones I wear each day. That means I'm wearing those teddy bear earrings from junior high school a little too often for my taste. But it is kind of sweet to enjoy a bonding moment of jewelery with my girl.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Hey Jenny! Not specifically related to your earrings post... but I wanted to finally post a comment after a year of reading your blog and really enjoying it. Your entries are fun to read (weren't you an English minor back in the day?) and I enjoy reading your thoughts about the various life issues that come up, especially regarding the raising of kids. We can relate.

There! How's that for a first comment? OK, now back to Facebook for me.