I felt like Dorothy last night, sure that I was going to wake up in Oz.
After a day of freezing rain on the roads, which kept us mostly housebound after school was cancelled due to slick road conditions, last night the winds kicked up. There were reports of 100 mph winds along parts of the Turnagain arm -- don't know how strong they are at our house, but they are strong. The house is shaking occasionally and outside you can see the forest behind our house blowing every which way. And It's still blowing. And again, school was cancelled. The Anchorage School District is not a bunch of wimpy folks. In general, they demand you get your kids to school come rain or shine. So the fact that they have told people 2 days in a row to not leave their homes is saying something.
So, now we're hunkered down for another day at home. The bummer? With all this extra time I'd love to spend it with friends, but I'm not willing to drive to make it happen. I'm extra cautious on the roads these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment