Thursday, January 01, 2009


Well that stomach bug got me good this week. I was down for the count for a good 72 hours -- from Sunday afternoon all the way through yesterday afternoon. Yesterday late morning/early afternoon I finally ventured out to get the kids to doctor appointments and allergy shots with a bit of trepidation in my heart. I wasn't quite sure I'd make it. I did just fine -- although I promptly came home and napped for an hour and a half on the couch.
We were feeling good enough to have the neighbors over last night for a bit of New Year merry-making. The kids played twister, foose ball, had a jedi light saber fight, and built a fort using every blanket in the house before succumbing to the Legos Stars Wars video game. Cate was pretty loopy by 10:30 p.m. but Christopher managed to welcome his first New Year where he was awake. I was just happy to be feeling semi-decent even if I wasn't quite the life of the party yet. I'll tell you, a quarter glass of champagne will do a lot for you when you haven't had food in your stomach for 3 days.
Unfortunately, Christopher woke up after vomiting profusely in his bed. Apparently he's now come down with the bug, although his version appears (cross your fingers!) to be less virulent. Today he's acting normal, but we're trying to take it easy with movies and indoor games. Apparently Stan came down with the bug last night too. Pretty much everybody who was at our house for Christmas has gotten the bug -- it must have been dormant but infecting us all.
Despite the illness that has rocked our house for the past week, I'm feeling hopeful for the New Year. We've had some insanely wonderful family time over the past few weeks and I feel as lucky as could be. May your New Year be wonderful, as well!

1 comment:

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

I think we'll steer clear from you guys! Ohmygoodness you've been through the wringer! What a way to spend the holiday. Hang in there and call me when all is clear!