Wednesday, May 21, 2008




Cate and I helped chaperone a school picnic for Christopher's class today. The weather held up for a beautiful afternoon at Frontier Park, where I was mostly ignored by Christopher.


I say that laughingly, although it is true. My son has grown up to the point where mom being at the park with him during a school picnic isn't nearly as exciting as being at the park with his buddies, like Augie shown here. I don't take it personally -- I know that it is a healthy sign that he is terribly comfortable and happy at his school. And he still cuddles and tells me he loves me at home, just not in the presence of the buddies. So we're good!


Also, this photo of the kids rolling down the grassy hill made me feel terribly old. I remember enjoying doing that at Gibbel Park with my friends as a kid. In fact, I enjoyed it a lot. And I can't imagine that is something I will ever have a desire to do again. In fact, it would likely need to be a life and death situation where rolling down the hill would save me or my child to get me to do it again. I'm definately old.

No comments: