Friday, May 16, 2008


Yesterday's picnic was a bit on the chilly side, but the sun was shining so brilliantly today that I figured we'd try again. I packed up a few sandwiches and Cate and I headed to the library to kill two birds with one stone -- a little outdoor fun and getting some new books. Cate was pleased that the fountain was again running -- another sign of Spring in Alaska. We managed to eat in front of the fountain before the menacing clouds arrived -- so far no rain, but when they cover the sun, we go back to severely chilly weather.
I was pleased that the library had the 2 books Christopher had requested -- the final A-Z mystery that he hasn't read (The Golden Goose) and the first book in a new series he's interested in starting -- "The Dragon Slayer's Academy." The A-Z mysteries have kept him busy for several months now so I'm hoping he'll enjoy the new series and have just as much enthusiasm for them.

No comments: