Monday, May 05, 2008




A few more stories about Edo Wonderland. They had this type of mascot which was undoubtedly created to be their own "Mickey Mouse" -- a character that would be tied to the park. Instead of Mickey Mouse they had this guy -- can't even tell you his name (it was Japanese and difficult to recall). But I can tell you that he is some sort of Ninja cat, but a sweet one that makes a very funn "meew" sound while raising his right paw under his chin. And that Cate fell in love with him. A bit of a strange fellow but Cate didn't care.


Also, Edo Wonderland had games that were tied to Edo times -- things like archery and shirakin throwing. No, I didn't know what shirakin stars were either. They are sharp suckers that ninja would throw at people with deadly force. Many people tried to throw the shirakin stars into this tree trunk target, but few could get one to stick -- it's a tough skill. Then Greg comes in and makes about 8 or 9 of them in a row stick, including one right in the bullseye. Even the guys in charge of the game looked stunned. They started calling Greg "ninja master" and bowing to him. Who does that? After 13 years of marriage I thought I knew this man in and out, but now I find out he has a secret shirakin throwing talent. I guess I should feel safe knowing that if anybody tries to attack us I have my own ninja husband to protect me.

2 comments:

Jed said...

Ha! I remember Greg and Matt "playing" with throwing stars at home when I was little. Glad to see Greg still has his mad skills :)

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Jenny, what an adventure! Thanks for sharing these stories, it's the best I can get in these busy days. Hopefully we can catch up next week.