This is our new lawn guy...doesn't it sound wonderful just to say that? Our lawn guy!?
Greg is allergic to grass so he's never been able to be "our lawn guy." Kids aren't old enough. That has meant our lawn guy has actually been "our lawn gal" -- namely, moi. The old house had less lawn to worry about, but it was nonetheless difficult to manage with small children who needed constant supervision. I had to schedule days for Greg to get home a little earlier than normal so that I could mow and he could supervise the kids.
Now the kids are older and I can actually find time a little more easily to do lawn work, but my body is getting older and my back gives me trouble from time to time. Earlier this Spring, I spent several weeks in 3x/week physical therapy sessions to try to get it back into shape after intermittent episodes of pain that have come and gone since last Fall. I've finally gotten it to a point where I've been over 6 weeks without pain. After 5 hours of lawn work this week (and only about half of the spring clean up completed) I was feeling the first twinges of pain again. I figured I could either spend my money on more PT or the lawn guy. Good choice, eh?
Christopher spent the last hour or so outside with the new lawn guy picking up sticks as a sub-contractor. He just beamed in the door with $4 for his efforts. Most excellent!
No comments:
Post a Comment