Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Drat -- I forgot to plug in the videocamera (which doubles as our camera these days for capturing stills) so I didn't get any photos of Cate's end of the year program at preschool this morning. I can't believe the school year is just about up -- and end of year picnic on Thursday for Cate and then next week will be the end for Christopher. Where has the year gone?

Cate was very sweet during her program, singing old stand-bys such as the "ABC" song and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" as well as "Alice the Camel" "Three Little Ducks Went Out to Play" and others. Things that made me laugh:
  • She started out looking very confident in front of the group of people, and then realized that she was in front of a crowd and started fidgeting with her dress and shoes. I think the girl just doesn't really like to be the center of attention.(Exhibit A -- the wedding; Exhibit B -- getting dressed at Edo Wonderland; Exhibit C -- end of year performance).
  • Her dress choice -- Grandma Vieten bought Cate a "school" dress before school started 2 years ago. It is now quite short and must have pants worn underneath without a doubt. Still, she sees it as her official "school" dress and wears it for every special occasion related to school. We now have 2 years of photos of Cate in the same dress singing songs, etc. Time to find another "school" dress. But I can't seem to talk her out of this one -- or of giving it away to another little girl to enjoy.
  • Christopher really advocated to get out of school early to come watch Cate's program. He really loves school and loves their whale theme that they are working on right now, so it wasn't just wanting to get out of school. He just remembers how special these little programs are from when he was a student at RCP and wanted to support his sister. There are times that I just appreciate their sibling friendship. Today is one.

No comments: